Are you sick and tired of having your home broken into your personal space invaded your possessions stolen and your friends and neighbours burgled, it all stops here honestly there are so many ways to combat these thugs stopping them in their tracks and all with some well thought out common sense.
1. Never leave your door un-locked; make sure you always lock all doors when you leave the house to go anywhere, sound simple but would you be surprised to know that over 28% of burglaries in London are because of unlocked cars or homes.
2. Never under any circumstances leave keys for either windows or doors in the lock and forget about them, I know this sounds ridiculous but again burglar’s will take advantage of your constant stupidity don’t be next.
3. If you have any spare keys don’t leave them anywhere outside not under a rock not or under the mat or hanging near the door just don’t do it period.
4. Make sure that if you have a burglar alarm make sure it is visible from the front of the house make sure it is in a well-lit area. Did you know that it is a well know statistic that over 58% of burglaries in greater area of London happen to the unsuspected at night which is why tip number five is critical.
5. You must use good quality security lights with timers, these lights will allow you to give the impression that you are home when you are not, these lights will be a great deterrent for your common would be thief in the night.
6. Get involved in your community Neighbourhood watch scheme don’t be afraid to look after each other together you will achieve more is an old adage that rings true when your neighbour is out you can keep an eye on their home and vice versa when you are out.